Sunday, April 13, 2008

Flight

He felt small droplets of sweat trickling down his spine. When the lady next to him gave him that wide-eyed look, it struck him that he was hyper-ventilating. He felt like reaching for the nearest paper bag but his fingers were shaking so wildly that he just pressed his hands firmly on his lap. The smell of coffee wafted in the air. It made him bolt and rush out to the nearest restroom.

"Damn! I should have taken it!" , he thought. Too bad he forgot his anti-motion sickness medication for his flight.

Written for this week's prompt "flight" from Writer's Island

19 prognosed:

The 'Mad' Orchid said...

Lol... nice flight..enjoyed myself throughout :D aah even i wished he had taken his meds...

Lena said...

good work, girl! loved the way you described his condition.. i have no idea what you are talking about when you say you should master the way you write! You do it great, dear!

gautami tripathy said...

I have seen this happening!

:D

children's day out

Andy Sewina said...

Nice twist!

Linda Jacobs said...

LOL! Been here, done that! cute poem!

Impressionist said...

LOL!! great! :D
so u too started another blog eh! good! :P

-I

Occasional Brilliance said...

for something that was as short as that, the descriptions were so acute that you could almost see it happening... great job!!! looking forward to more... :)

Pri said...

haha...enjoyed reading! :D

dayumm!! u enabled word verification too? :(

black coffee said...

@mads
lol!

@lena
thanks.. :)

@gautami tripathy
it has happened to me!

@sweettalkinguy
:)

@lindajacobs
poem??

@impressionist
lols!

@bubbles
thanks!

@pri
i din realise that! i disabled it cos i hate it too! :)

Rambler said...

haha this was fun..

btw nice screen name..instantly cast a spell on me..I am a big fan of "black coffee"

Pirate Princess said...

Welcome 1st timer... gave me a smile this morning! :)

Crafty Green Poet said...

I recognise that situation!

rel said...

Welcome to the island.
We have plenty of black coffee and dramamine.
Bet he won't forget again. :)
rel

Tumblewords: said...

Oh, good grief. This is a horrible way to fly! Nice post!!

Anonymous said...

Reminded me why I hate to fly. Too real. Welcome to the Island. For some reason I feel like saying ALOHA, so I will!

Medhini said...

Simple and sweet. Liked the post. Nice blog. Hope to drop by often

Anonymous said...

ooo! grand! so welcome to the world of prompt writers group!!!!!!!!

didya read mine :D

[ okay i knw u dint ;) trying to make u read mine too hehehe! ]

here it is!

heheh! ok ;)

ishqia said...

bichara..

Unknown said...

Welcome 1st timer... gave me a smile this morning! :)
Welcome 1st timer... gave me a smile this morning! :)