Friday, May 2, 2008

All in a day's work

Life is not easy. Most days it just a series of small sacks I have to carry. Other days its a harried search for elixir. It gets really tiring. The grey monotony just kills the little light in me. Sometimes I want to break free. I just need to! I cannot bear to walk the same path, looking at the same sights. The boredom depresses me.

I have tried to stray. Leave my companions and make a life of my own. Oh! How have I tried doing that? Somehow, Fate plays a cruel hand with me and I make my way home giving up my dreams of breaking free, yet again. I go back hoping to give Fate the big Rightbackatcha! The taste of hope is lovely. I liken it to the taste of the first morsel of rice in drought-stricken winters.

I dream. I build castles of sand and water. Those castles that will never ever be realised. Who has ever heard of sand and water making a castle without sturdy stones? I keep working. bringing myself back to the same old dreary life that I am leading. Still hoping. Dreaming!

"Hey Barney, you are breaking the line!", cried Moe.

"Sorry, mate!". Life is tough being an ant.

29 prognosed:

broca's area said...

nice one..)..first time am visiting ur new blog!!:)...[nice template]

Lena said...

God! "Life is tough being an ant."
that was hilarious, unexpected and it gave a new meaning, i had to read it twice.
Good job, Miss Writer!

rantravereflect/ jane said...

first time here..
loved teh last line- life is tough being an ant..

felt tat way soo many times before- wanan break free from ma current lfe, and soar way over the sky.. build a new fort and move on..

but yeh, i'm not there, not yet atleast..
wat does it take to reach our utopia?
i guess ya jus gotta keep finding ya path there, n someday, wen ya get lucky n wen ya've probably jus given up, ya find narnia!

sid said...

Dropped in via Pri's blog. I liked that imagination **"Hey Barney, you are breaking the line!", cried Moe.
"Sorry, mate!". Life is tough being an ant**

Pri said...

haha..lovely!

loved the twist at the end :D

keep writing!!

Keshi said...

Loved this post hun. Straight from the heart.

u know wut..I feel the same way! Im sorry to say this but Im so bored seeing the SAME things in life. This bloody life is so predictible and that bores me to death LOL!


**I dream. I build castles of sand and water. Those castles that will never ever be realised.

me too..its like I dream knowing that they r only dreams.


Its ok...as long as we can dream, we will live.


*HUGZ*

Keshi.

VJ said...

plichhh!!! all the juices r outta ya body. yu r dead. under my feet.

Tairebabs said...

lol! You sure had me. Nice twist at the end - life is tough being an ant. Was already relating the words to my life. Lol

Nice blog. I will be back for sure

Occasional Brilliance said...

oh my god... so beautifully written... love the POV especially!!!

busy-writer said...

wow, written beautifully. like, honest, subtle yet precise post! the end was uber-cool. :D

cheers!

thanks for droppin by my blog. :)

Vinesh said...

poor ant you!

people take advantage of your chemically enhanced line-following skills and your ability to carry thrice your own weight! :)

Impressionist said...

haha! that was a nice one! :)
loved the twist! :)

-I

Nefariousoutlook said...

beautiful post!! the twist in the end was a nice one...
well written..straight from the heart!!

keep posting :)

Zee said...

awesome!!!!!! great twist!

kasirajanarchitect said...

hey doc, life is tough for those who life very closer to it, very much impressed me. looking to read more from u so keep writing.. one more thing jus reminds me is dat.. be like a water in the louts leave, be tcloser to it and not attached to it... u wudn't need an explanation... ;-) cheers doc..

Anonymous said...

nice one yaar! i was thinking... "she writes this in her other blog no? y is she writng here ? " and then the twist and then Veens is pleasantly surprised..." ohh! shucks.. i shud have known ;)"

Pointblank said...

If there is one thing that u should never lose, then its HOPE! I'm glad u haven't lost it all! :)

Solitaire said...

How insightful. What a great lesson in a fable!

Anonymous said...

hehe.. thank you for coming to my blog.. keep coming.. this post was small and cute.. will be blog rolling you... already did that...

Anonymous said...

We're all ants in the greated scheme of things isn't is?

My name is not important and I am the Angry Indian

www.angryindian.com

Macadamia The Nut said...

Ahhh! But you can build that castle and take a photograph can't you?
;) And look at it for motivation?

Nice post!! Really nice!

Cяystal said...

Hi!!

I literally loved yr blog template n stuff..but even intriguing was yr work ;)
keep it up chweety

CheeRz,
Aayushi

Preeti said...

Really nice! And ahem, can u please write more often? :)

man in painting said...

Very very refreshing.like a cup of coffee...reflective people will become good doctors too.i liked the way you express your inner world.And the twist was so coool.
keep on writing.
If you want to read something surreal do visit my blog MAN IN PAINTING.

Solitaire said...

Hi Doc.
Please comment on my latest post on the Woes blog. Appreciate any feedback coming from a medico.

Preeti Shenoy said...

never expected that! Nice one :)

ishqia said...

that was cool..
life is tough being an ant..
nice ending

Vinod Ramamoorthy said...

Hope .. It is the one word that keeps us alive. And kills us too. Just hoping wouldn't help, would it ? Take charge of your life.Do things that you want to do. Find ways of doing it.

And if u do find ways of doing this .. Do tell me :D

Vinod Ramamoorthy said...

That four letter word .. Freeks everyone out I guess!